Mitigation Bank Development
Mitigation banks establish "credits" through a site where wetlands and other aquatic resources are restored, created, enhanced, or preserved. They provide an alternative to traditional permittee-responsible compensatory mitigation. For unavoidable impacts, compensatory mitigation is a requirement.
ELS has been on the forefront of the mitigation banking process working on banks in Alaska and 7 out of 9 mitigation banking sites in Southwest Washington since 2007.
· Feasibility studies of potential bank sites
· Economic analysis
· Bank design
· Bank prospectus and MBI development
· Permitting & associated documentation
· Site maintenance & monitoring
· Agency coordination & approval